These Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies are a mash up of my two favourite cookies. They’re filled with yummy peanut butter taste and the chewy heartiness of oats. They’re smooth and thick and completely irresistible.
Why We Love these Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
I’m an unapologetic cookie lover. What’s to not love? They’re fast and straightforward to make with elements you often have available, and with 1000’s of recipes at our fingertips, there may be all the time some scrumptious new model to attempt. And though we do take pleasure in attempting new recipes occasionally, I discover myself coming again to this humble little cookie again and again. It’s a hearty, satisfying cookie with simply sufficient sweetness to fulfill your candy tooth. It’s additionally loaded with peanut butter and oats, giving it a pleasant chewy texture. They freeze nice and make the right lunchbox deal with or afternoon snack. If you’re a peanut butter lover, or an oatmeal cookie lover, otherwise you simply love cookies generally… that is the cookie for you.
Substances for Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies:
- oatmeal: we used common rolled oats
- flour: all-purpose flour works greatest right here
- baking powder & soda: for leavening
- salt: I like to make use of kosher salt
- butter: I often use salted butter as a result of it’s what I’ve available. If utilizing unsalted butter, regulate the quantity of salt added if crucial.
- peanut butter: we used common creamy peanut butter, however crunchy would add a pleasant texture!
- sugar: common granulated white sugar works greatest
- brown sugar: helps maintain the cookies smooth and chewy and provides a caramely taste
- egg: one massive egg for construction and texture
- vanilla: provides a pleasant, rounded taste to the cookie
How you can Make Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies:
- Whisk collectively dry elements.
- Beat butter and sugars collectively till creamy.
- Add egg, peanut butter and vanilla, beat once more.
- Stir dry elements into the creamed combination simply till mixed.
- Chill for about 20 minutes.
- Scoop onto parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 levels for 12-14 minutes or till set. Don’t over bake!
Suggestions & Substitutions
- Resist the temptation to over bake these cookies! They are going to be calmly browned on the perimeters, and the center will nonetheless look smooth. That is while you need to pull them out of the oven. They’ll arrange as they sit and you’re going to get a young, chewy cookie. In any other case your cookies will find yourself dry and crumbly.
- I’ve used fast cooking oats in a pinch. It provides a little bit of a distinct texture to the cookie, however works simply nice.
- After including the dry elements, stir simply till mixed. Over mixing will produce a tricky cookie.
- Cookie scoops are a recreation changer! We used this one.
- You possibly can chill the dough for longer, however will probably be too exhausting to scoop. Permit the dough to relaxation at room temperature till scoopable.
- In the event you completely should have chocolate in your cookies, chocolate chips are a extremely yummy addition!
- These freeze nice too. You possibly can freeze the cooled, baked cookies in an hermetic container or storage bag. You can too scoop the dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Freeze till stable, then add the dough balls to a ziplock freezer bag. This lets you bake them up recent every time the craving strikes.
Extra Cookie Recipes You’ll Love:
Whisk collectively the dry elements (oatmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt) in a bowl; put aside.
In a medium mixing bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer, beat collectively the butter, sugar, and brown sugar on medium-high velocity till clean and creamy, about 1-2 minutes. Add the peanut butter, egg and vanilla and beat till mixed, scraping down the edges as wanted.
Add the dry elements to the bowl and blend on low simply till mixed. Cowl and chill for at the least 20 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 350 levels and take away the dough from the fridge. Whether it is too exhausting, enable to relaxation on the counter till it softens sufficient that you would be able to scoop it.
Scoop the dough onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake for 12-14 minutes or till cookies develop into barely golden brown. Don’t over bake! The facilities will nonetheless look smooth.
Permit to chill on the baking sheet for five minutes earlier than eradicating to a wire rack to chill fully. Take pleasure in!
Energy: 187kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 3g | Fats: 12g | Saturated Fats: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 2g | Monounsaturated Fats: 4g | Trans Fats: 0.3g | Ldl cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 236mg | Potassium: 85mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 222IU | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 1mg
I am a registered dietitian, mother of 4, avid lover of meals and robust promoter of wholesome habits. Right here you’ll find plenty of scrumptious recipes stuffed with fruits and veggies, ideas for getting your youngsters to eat higher and develop into intuitive eaters and many sources for feeding your loved ones.
Be taught Extra about Natalie